Sunday, September 20, 2026

Random Collection of Pictures February 2026

February involved a significant hair cut - my long hair cut off in preparation for a March online paralegal presentation! I was reading a book of great interest so there are two snippets from the book I wanted to share.

Doctor visit to the cardiologist -- all good! Wearing my Bomb Pop beanie I got while in LeMars.


Captured this beauty of the Chattanooga sky with a gleam of sunlight.


Came across this picture of Fort Negley in Nashville. We drove by this a lot moving things out of the old PTA office into storage. Still have two pins to give to someone. The fort did its job protecting the Cumberland River in Nashville in the 1860s.


I wanted to visit this taco shop, Nacho Libre, but it closed down before I had the chance.


Rock Island railroad played a huge part in Kansas moving grain and stuff. An old map of the former train railways. 


Ran across this post about Gusti's restaurant - a frequent stop of my friends and I during my days living in D.C. I still have a  napkin from the lounge which is also pictured.



Maybe some day I'll get to see this in person.  Or I'll just enjoy the pictures and the narratives instead.


Read a book about the Kaw and its tributaries. Some good stuff that I never knew about. The first snippet is about Big Creek and Hays. I was not aware that many fish were documented but now the creek is disconnected and not the same.


And this snippet about Downs and rural life in general.

Before picture of my long hair blowing in the wind.



Picture of G and I at the Chattanooga Pier after my haircut.



I created a display at the end of February for March and women's month. I received so many compliments and high praise from administrators. Farm Life, Ranch Work, Women Pioneers. I put pictures I took from around Kansas and Tennessee and placed them around the edge of the display. Pretty pleased with the result!