Friday, February 3, 2023

June 2022 Tennessee Library Association Board Meeting

On Friday, June 10, I drove to Nashville to a transition meeting. The meeting was for the outgoing and the incoming board of directors for the Tennessee Library Association. Except this transition meeting was different for me -- I would become President of the Tennessee Library Association

Yes - president of two statewide advocacy membership-based associations!

I got to Nashville a little bit early which gave me time to self-tour the new Tennessee State Library and Archives Building. What a beautiful building! 


There were several exhibits in the main foyer. One was a historical tour of Tennessee counties with images, digital displays, and timelines. I found this picture about Hamilton County history on the civil rights protest in downtown Chattanooga.


During the board meeting, there was on the meeting agenda the transition of receiving the gavel from the current president to the incoming president. Here I am receiving the TNLA gavel.

After the board meeting, I drove down to the Holiday Inn where Tennessee PTA leadership team was staying. I had a great time getting caught up with leadership training that was happening at the same time as the TNLA board meeting. Talk about two worlds conflicting! I was able to take the team out to dinner and signed a few checks for reimbursement.

I was wanting to stop in Manchester to see the state park, but I did not feel like arriving home later and fighting the bottleneck traffic that is Chattanooga. Maybe, another time.

The TNLA gavel is on my office desk in the library.


 My name listed on the TNLA website.



No comments:

Post a Comment