Sunday, February 5, 2023

National PTA Convention: Part Two: Thursday - Sunday

The convention part of National PTA Convention officially started after Hill Day, on Thursday, June 16. All of the state presidents met together in what is called NCAAC and I continued to meet state presidents I had only previously met virtually.

Then I attended my first of many workshops - Advocacy.


Dinner that night was with the State President's PTA -- yep, all of the state presidents, current and past, have formed their own PTA unit. We meet once a year at convention but we have service projects in different parts of the nation - a very cool unit to join.

After that, I decided to go the 80s themed bar on the 18th floor. I'm glad I did because it turned out to be the only chance I had to attend between private parties/dinner meetings/and not feeling too whippy.

View of the Gaylord Resort Ferris wheel lit up at night from the 18th floor bar.


Speaking of the Gaylord Resort -- it is ultimate extravagance in a convention type setting very near D.C. Flowing water, shops and malls, view of the bay. I was on the 15th floor. First a view of the 15th floor while waiting on the elevator.


Now a view of the resort from the elevator as it descends from the 15th floor.


The convention was a celebration of 125 years of PTA. We had a celebration dinner for the 125th year. Other dinners included the AIM dinner. I had plenty of food access for dinners during convention!

At the start of convention, the Tennessee PTA group took this picture by the flag.


And this one at the 125th dinner.


All of the state presidents were recognized. I had my five seconds of fame as I was announced and walked across the stage -- to many cheers by the way!


On Saturday, I was doused in blue lights which was significant in another way. I didn't feel like attending anything. Unknown to me until Monday, I was coming down with Covid. The Sunday morning session seemed to go on forever -- I was in a big hurry to leave, a huge hurry to leave. I did make it home ok and to the doctor on Monday.
My blue picture. I am so thankful and very glad that this year's convention is an all-virtual event!



No comments:

Post a Comment