Monday, September 11, 2023

April 7 to 9 Trip to Knoxville

We made a weekend trip to Knoxville just a few days before I left for Memphis for the TNLA annual conference. This is a blended blog - I have it categorized as a PTA Trip because that's why we came but we packaged it with personal stuff as well.

We brought the office computer up for our new office administrator. This also meant that I no longer had to use my personal publisher on my work computer to create PTA certificates. Woo! We also brought up more office and PTA stuff that had been housed in my extra bedroom as temporary storage during the sale of the Nashville office building.

I sat in the president's office and in the president's chair, got to see the new arrangement of furniture. It was a good visit to the new Tennessee PTA office in Knoxville. Being a blended trip meant that PTA got this trip for free -- no reimbursements for travel, meals, or lodging! 



So we finished moving the stuff in and got myself acquainted with the office and with the potential storage unit.  That was it for the PTA side of things!

We checked into our hotel - the Crowne Plaza Knoxville Downtown. What a beautiful hotel!  And what did PTA care - they weren't paying for it! We were able to walk across the street and enjoy Market Square. We found some delicious food on the square at Myrtle's Chicken. If you are ever at the Square, check their chicken meals out!

When we got back, I worked on my laptop writing the podium book for two conventions. Can you believe I was state president for both the Tennessee Library Association and for the Tennessee Parent Teacher Association? And yes, both conventions were in April. I was busy preparing. Both nights, Friday and Saturday turned into long hours of preparing documents, speeches, and much more. The TNLA convention started on the next Tuesday.

The next day, Saturday, we stopped by the office again just to get really acquainted and to put my stamp on the office as president. Even though, I really would not use the office as president that much in person.

We left the office and drove around aimlessly. First through Oak Ridge. Then back to Knox County and went east. We eventually ended up at Norris Lake. 


We enjoyed visiting this beautiful TVA lake that was so close to the new Tennessee PTA office! A great visit to Knoxville, to the Tennessee PTA office, and the beauty of east Tennessee.

No comments:

Post a Comment