Sunday, September 10, 2023

Building Sold - April 4, 2023

Downtown Nashville and I am trying to find the attorney's office. I made the trip up to Nashville and plan to return back to Chattanooga all in the same day.  I was briefly the only Tennessee PTA president with two offices at the same time -- one starting up in Knoxville and one being sold in Nashville. 

Finding the attorney's office, I parked in the underground garage, riding the elevator up, wrapped inside a beautiful building.

As I wait I reminded myself that I made my last visit to the office at 1905 Acklen Avenue this morning. I picked up the equipment for our closed out Comcast account to be returned. Took a few pictures. Called the utilities to make a transition to a new building owner.

The only thing we had to leave -- the building plaque by the front door.

The building was completely emptied. But there was a full storage unit just a few minutes away that needed the contents moved to Knoxville. That comes in the month of May.

At the attorney's office, I met the realtor and the attorney. We signed a lot of papers! The building is sold! All the hard work  paid off with only one more big thing left to do -- moving from one storage unit in Nashville to another storage unit in Knoxville.


Special edition of our Tennessee PTA newsletter announcing the sale of the building.

But our announcement was preempted by the Nashville media the day before we announced to the membership.


A goodbye video



No comments:

Post a Comment