Monday, September 28, 2026

Random Collection of Pictures April 2026

April 2026: two conventions, two presentations. The busiest month for academic library marketing. The month of April is usually an annual whirl of the many things in my work and volunteer life.

It was interesting to read the 90 years ago column in the newspaper about a great-uncle, W.H. Burton, and the Drotts family.


A picture of the Webster store (in new Webster). I still have memories of visiting the store, driving past the store for 4-H meetings, and the smell inside the store.


I'm a big fan converting abandoned railways to trails. This one, Flint Hills Trail, received national recognition.


Another unusual map discovery -- the number of Waffle Houses by state.


The first convention in April was the Tennessee PTA convention held in Memphis. I presented about 501c3 nonprofits (PTAs) and election/civics activities that can be legally performed. 


And two Facebook memories from previous TN PTA conventions held in April. 



The next convention was the Tennessee Library Association held in Knoxville. I presented on marketing library activities.





A nephew graduated - congrats Dill!


Stark black and white pictures of two Ellis County Catholic churches. I was able to visit one again, St. Fidelis, in September 2026.



Cherry blossoms in Chicago!


A prescribed burn pictured at Quivira wetlands (Kansas).


At my local bar wearing a western shirt and my Red Clay Cherokee t-shirt.


Someone's incredible storm picture near a Kansas ranch gate.