Friday, September 25, 2026

Random Collection of Pictures March 2026

March brought birthdays, local trips up Raccoon Mountain and Lookout Mountain, and a 10 minute drive across the Georgia state line into the national military battlefield. I also gathered a few interesting snippets of information along the way. And presented at a Paralegal Education Conference!

Family history pics! G's great-grandmother.


And a great-grandfather from my side.


US Highway 40 was originally signed as North 40 and South 40. Then North 40 was signed as US Highway 24 and South 40 became just 40.


The Stockton newspaper has a columnist, Leo Oliva, who wrote a column that I already knew (me being a student of history) about Nicodemus and railroad denial.


The old town of Webster picture. I wonder if this is how the Burtons saw it back in the day with their farm land so close to the town.


I heard about Madalyn Murray received some land near Stockton but never had the full inside scoop until now.


I really liked the two months I lived in Republic. For Dad anyways, the first time living full-time within a city limits.


Five minute trips to Lookout Mountain and Raccoon Mountain.



Birthdays for Pops and David!



My awesome display for March and women's history.


Kansas beauty - I'm in love.


I recognized this road immediately from Thornburg. I should. I ran two miles every morning at 5 AM before school (except for sloppy mud or blizzards).



My promo board for my presentation! It went great and had a large audience!